Update: CTP 3.2 now really has been released! I highlighted the greatest new feature for you over here
Only 2 weeks after SQL Server CTP 3.1 and there’s already bits of SQL Server 2016 CTP 3.2 to be found on MSDN. For example, MSDN had this update on several SQL Server 2016 pages
The page for the december update (CTP 3.2) is also already eagerly waiting for us
Sadly enough, for now, we get greeted by this headline
At the time of this writing the new image wasn’t available (anymore?) in Azure and there was no CTP 3.2 available for download from the Evaluation Center.
All the fancy downloads like Report Builder for CTP 3.2 etc are already available however!
I’m sure that we’re all dreaming about all the cool new features that Microsoft is going to release! After having seen R integration, will we now see Datazen integration? Will we already see improvements to R Services?
It will probably be another 2 weeks before CTP 3.2 is actually released.
If you’re like me, you’ll be regularly watching MSDN documentation for spoilers on the new features!
Until then, enjoy these SQL Server 2016 resources:
- Download SQL Server 2016 CTP 3.1
- Start SQL Server 2016 CTP 3 on a virtual machine in Azure within 10 minutes
- Get a jump start on the new features
- Download the new SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio
- Download the latest SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Download the latest Feature Pack that provides additional value to SQL Server 2016
- Download the latest Report Builder (SQL Server 2016 CTP 3.1) separately
- Download the latest example databases and scripts for all the new features
- Yes, it’s a separate download now
Got thoughts, information or just an opinion to share?
Let me know in the comments or on twitter!
1 thought on “Did bits of SQL Server 2016 CTP 3.2 just leak?”