This years PASS Summit has seen some of the biggest announcements in SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence history.
- We’ve finally gotten a clear vision where Microsoft is heading.
And it even makes sense!
- Microsoft already was the leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems
But SQL Server 2016 will bring even more improvements.
- In the past year, Power BI has gone from “OK” to “Nice” to “Wooooooooow“.
With all the new announcements, it seems like Microsoft is not even taking it’s foot of the throttle.
- Cortana Analytics Suite is Microsoft’s way to help you get insight and take action on your data.
It’s basically everything you need for your Data Science scenario’s.
Below are some Microsoft Foundation sessions from the PASS Summit that talk about these products and what you can expect from them, now and in the future.
- “Business Intelligence” by James Phillips
- “Advanced Analytics” by Jason Wilcox
- “Big Data and Data Warehousing” by Sukvinder Singh Gill
- “Developing Modern Applications on Azure” by Asad Khan and Shawn Bice
If you’re interested in just a list of features, check out Chris Webb’s blog post about the announcements.
Big Data and Data Warehousing
Developing Modern Applications on Azure
Video’s via http://www.sqlpass.org/summit/2015/PASStv/Microsoft.aspx